It’s no secret models are picture perfect on the pages of a magazine. But how much airbrushing is involved? Or is it just the expertise of the hair and makeup artist? In this case its all the makeup artist doing. The foundation (MAC StudioFix) creates a flawless look and Bobbi Brown Contour Powder defines her features. Light and natural eye shadows from Chanel Les 4 Ombre brightens her eyes. Makeup For Ever Black Pencil Eyeliner adds definition without looking too heavy. But it’s the Moonstruck 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara from Younique that makes the eyes look larger than life. Dandelion Powder Blush and Bubblegum Pink Ultra Plush Lip Gloss from Benefit add the perfect amount of color to complete the no makeup makeover.
RECIPE FOR BLONDE HAIR WITH HIGHLIGHTS
Matrix Vlight bleach for highlights mixed with 20% vol. peroxide and Socolor N8 for lowlights mixed with 20% vol. peroxide.
The technique is in the foiling placements, the amount of hair wolves to bleach, and the watchful eye of how long to let the bleach lighten the hair.
Do not try this at home, only leave your hair in the hands of a trained professional.
Tips/steps to achieve a low makeup look:
1. Moisturize: After shower/washing your face works best
2. Primer: Always apply a primer that works with your skin type, such as Paula Dorf Perfect Primer.
3. Foundation: When applying foundation, such as MAC StudioFix, always use a foundation brush to control the amount applied. Only apply the amount needed; no more no less. Remember, we are not try to look as though we are wearing a lot of makeup. Make sure foundation has been blended down the neck. Do not allow a line to apear at the jawline.
4. Eyeshadow: With a highlighting eyeshadow, apply highlight undereye area as well as above the cheeks. Then apply small amount of above lip area, top of chin, down the top of the nose, and corner of eye(yes, put the eyeshadow on places other than your eyelid). Then apply a neutral shade in crease of eye as well as under eye to use as a liner under lashes.
5. Eyeliner: Apply a thin line of the liquid liner starting at the inner eye. The closer you get to the end of the eye the thicker you make the line. When at the end, make a bit of tail that points towards end of eyebrows.
6. Eyebrow: Use a eyeshadow that’s the same color as the eyebrow to fill it in. Only use it to fill in and extend the eyebrow towards the end of the eye (don’t draw/fill in something that’s not there). Then use a clear mascara to shape the brows into place.
7. Blush: I perfer to use a non glittery bronzer for a blush. Gives off a more natural look. Apply to checks starting next to ear and blending toward apple of cheek. Apply remaining amount of blush on brush to forehead, next to hairline, tip of nose and chin, giving yourself an all over glow.
8. Mascara: I like GreatLash mascara. Apply as much as needed but be sure to separate and don’t leave clumps.
9. Lipgloss: Use a rose/neutral color lipgloss to finish the look.
Just offering a little of my experience and knowledge.